The TN-CTSI offers several classroom and online educational resources for investigator and research staff development.
- Certificate in Clinical ResearchUTHSC Department of Preventive Medicine also offers a Certificate in Clinical Research, a 12-credit hour online non-degree program designed to provide initial clinical research skills and training to healthcare professionals, with track options of Health Disparities or Health Behavior Intervention.
For more information, please visit the Certificate in Clinical Research webpage.
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP)The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program) Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training is comprised of basic and refresher courses that provide essential good clinical practice training for researchers involved in clinical trials of drugs, biologics, and devices, as well as those involved in behavioral intervention and social science research studies. The UTHSC research workforce also has available the NIH GCP course for additional training.
For more information, please visit the CITI GCP training webpage.
- Human Subjects Research (HSR)The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program) Human Subjects Research (HSR) training provides foundational training in human subjects research and includes the historical development of human subject protections, ethical issues, and current regulatory and guidance information.
Human Subjects Research (HSR) basic content is organized into two courses: Biomedical (Biomed) and Social-Behavioral-Educational (SBE). They are intended for anyone involved in research studies with human subjects, or who have responsibilities for setting policies and procedures with respect to such research, including Institutional Review Boards (IRBs).
For more information, please visit the CITI HSR training webpage.
- Master’s of Science in Epidemiology DegreeThe TN-CTSI will partner with the UTHSC Department of Preventive Medicine to utilize educational resources already in place. Since 1998, UTHSC has offered a Master’s of Science in Epidemiology Degree that is designed to provide the necessary methodological skills for students to be able to independently pursue epidemiological research in their chosen areas. The recently created Clinical Investigation Track within the Master of Epidemiology program emphasizes clinical investigation and interdisciplinary translational research. The Data Science Track emphasizes statistical and analytical skills needed to work with large observational datasets. The Biostatistics Track offers a comprehensive set of courses covering theoretical, applied and computing areas of biostatistical science in order to provide clinical researchers with necessary methodological and analytical skills that cover hypothesis formulation, data collection, analysis and interpretation for various data types and research areas.
For more information, please visit the Master of Science in Epidemiology webpage.
- PhD in Data Science and EngineeringUTHSC, in collaboration with Oak Ridge National Laboratory and UT Knoxville, also offers a Doctorate degree in Data Science and Engineering aimed at providing graduate researchers with some of the most powerful computing and data science platforms available anywhere in the world and the opportunity to collaborate on computational challenges that involve some of the largest and most unique data sources in science, engineering, and health care.
For more information, please visit the Data Science and Engineering PhD degree webpage.
- PhD in Health Outcomes and Policy ResearchUTHSC also offers a Doctorate degree in Health Outcomes and Policy Research, with a concentration in pharmacoeconomics designed to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for evaluating the economic, clinical, and humanistic outcomes of treatment.
For more information, please visit the Health Outcomes and Policy Research PhD degree webpage.
- Seminars & WorkshopsThe TN-CTSI supports various educational seminars and workshops at UTHSC. To learn more about the seminars and workshops offered, please visit the. Seminars & Workshops page or check the TN-CTSI events calendar for upcoming events.