Degree and Certificate Programs
In conjunction with the Department of Preventive Medicine at UTHSC, the BERD Unit offers two graduate-level programs:
- Masters of Epidemiology with three tracks, Biostatistics, Clinical Investigation, and Data Science (36 credit hours)
- Certificate Program in Clinical Investigation (12 credit hours).
The core courses for each program are available online or streamed simultaneously for remote students.
We offer monthly seminars on biostatistics and methods and skills. Sign up to be added to our mailing list.
The Latest Articles from our Investigators
Our online resources has a complete list of articles by category. Below is a selection of our most recent articles and suggested reading on BERD related topics.
- How to Read a SAS Dataset Into R – The Right Way
- First Annual Survey on Management Software used in Statistical Consulting
- Interactive Visualizations Using the Julia Package Pluto
- BERD Faculty and Staff Contribute to the UT Covid-19 Site with Novel Tools
- Seminar Slides | Enhancing Statistical Methods in Grants and Papers | Dr. Saunak Sen
- Seminar Slides | The Perfect Doctor | Dr. Fridtjof Thomas
- Seminar Slides | Multiple Comparisons and the False Discovery Rate | Dr. Saunak Sen
- Seminar Slides: The Bayesian Approach to Data Analysis | Fridtjof Thomas
- Seminar Slides: P-Value Discussion | Dr. Saunak Sen
- P-values – What they are and what they are not – Seminar Presentation Slides – Fridtjof Thomas
View an exhaustive list of all of our articles.