Degree and Certificate Programs
In conjunction with the Department of Preventive Medicine at UTHSC, the BERD Unit offers two graduate-level programs:
- Masters of Epidemiology with three tracks, Biostatistics, Clinical Investigation, and Data Science (36 credit hours)
- Certificate Program in Clinical Investigation (12 credit hours).
The core courses for each program are available online or streamed simultaneously for remote students.
We offer monthly seminars on biostatistics and methods and skills. Please click here to be added to our mailing list.
The Latest Articles from our Investigators
For a complete list of articles by category, click here: Online Resources. Below is a selection of our most recent articles & suggested reading on BERD related topics.
- BERD Faculty and Staff Contribute to the UT Covid-19 Site with Novel Tools
- Seminar Slides | Enhancing Statistical Methods in Grants and Papers | Dr. Saunak Sen
- Seminar Slides | The Perfect Doctor | Dr. Fridtjof Thomas
- Seminar Slides | Multiple Comparisons and the False Discovery Rate | Dr. Saunak Sen
- Seminar Slides: The Bayesian Approach to Data Analysis | Fridtjof Thomas
- Seminar Slides: P-Value Discussion | Dr. Saunak Sen
- P-values – What they are and what they are not – Seminar Presentation Slides – Fridtjof Thomas
- Anatomy of a Diagnostic Test – an R Shiny Example by Saunak Sen
- Equivalent of SAS Macros in R – Loops and Functions by Courtney Gale
- A SAS Macro/R Code Comparison: Generating Multiple Datasets by Tristan Hayes